Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

Thrush, Furniture Surfing, and Ryan is 8 months old!

Ryan turned 8 months old on July 13th! The time is going by way too fast and he will be a year old before we know it. It has been the BEST eight months of our life. Nick and I want to spend every waking moment with Ryan. He is so affectionate and his little laugh is the cutest little thing!


Eight months has brought more changes. Ryan now waves and babbles all the time. He is starting to form more words, but he still says DA-DA a good bit. Of course, I say MA-MA, but I have not heard him say it yet. Also, Ryan is furniture surfing! It is so fun to watch and that just means that he is one step closer to walking! The thought alone is exhausting! He is already so busy that I cannot imagine our day when Ryan starts to walk! 



Ryan and his funny dog, Maggie


Ryan thinking about crawling! (His facial expression is so Nicholas!)

Our poor baby boy has been fighting off thrush for the last week. He started acting clingy about a week ago and I knew something was up with him. It is so pitiful because his mouth is so sore! I feel so bad for him, but it seems to be improving now! That makes us very happy.  Also, Ryan's skin is very sensitive. Dr. Harris said he has eczema on his face, which we have been trying to treat. He also keeps diaper rash, so I bought some cloth diapers for nighttime and when he is at home. A good friend, Melissa, has been using them on her baby, Ian! We are so thankful to her for all the advice, regarding brands and how to use. I am excited to see how well they work!

In other news, Ryan got to meet our mentors from Johnson Ferry Baptist Church before we left for the beach. Mitchell and Marianne are very good friends and mentors. They were so sweet to pray over our family and Ryan's future! We look forward to seeing them again soon!




We cannot wait to see what new things that Ryan will begin to do and say in the coming weeks!



2 comments:

  1. hey, we have eczema too! so i have lots of advice about that... unfortunately. everything makes ian's skin break out

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 months old, my how time flies!

    ReplyDelete