Teething is no fun. In a desperate attempt to help Ryan cope with gum pain, I have been reading through my library of childcare books, searching the Internet or asking other mothers what helped their babies. We have tried many different things with Ryan from frozen teething rings to cold melon, but Ryan's favorite teething soother so far has been Sophie the giraffe. It was love at first sight!
We do not leave the house without Sophie and she stays right with Ryan at home. Sophie gets multiple baths a day, due to the number of times she is either thrown or dropped on the floor (or Mommy feels like she has been drooled on too much).
Maggie has also taken quite the interest in Ryan's jungle friend, since she squeaks when chewed on or thrown. For Ryan's sake, we better hope that Maggie does not become better acquainted with Sophie or she might com up missing an ear or a leg.
I should have known as soon as I read the package that Sophie was the answer to our teething woes, since Sophie and Daddy share a birthday (she is 20 years older)! It is so sweet to see Ryan holding Sophie when he is taking a nap, like she is already his best bud!
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago




I had a teething ring too, the kind you freeze- I guess that's why I like to crush ice with my teeth (much to the dismay of my dentist!)....so maybe Ryan will love Animal Kingdom at Disney World!
ReplyDeleteGreat update Momma Mandy!
Love
Sarah